Search Photo Gallery
Photography TagsAbstract Animals Architecture Art Beaches Black&White Bridges Buildings Colorful Commercial Conceptual Details Dogs Fields Flowers Funny Graffiti Harbors HDR Hiking Landscapes Lines Macro Maine Mountains National Parks Nature New England New Hampshire Ocean Patterns People Plants Portsmouth-NH Reflections Rustic Sepia Signs Snow Sunrises Sunsets Trees Water Water Droplets Winter
- Nave Vaulting, Catedral de Sevilla; Sevilla, Spain
- Standing Alone, Hallways of Alcázar; Sevilla, Spain
- Coffee Break; Horse-Drawn Carriage, Sevilla, Spain
- Puente Nuevo, El Tajo Gorge; Ronda, Spain
- Above the Hall of the Half Orange, Alcázar; Sevilla, Spain
- Vine Silhouettes on Canvas; Granada, Spain
- Ceiling Patterns, Plaza de España; Sevilla, Spain
- The Mudéjar Arches of Alcázar; Sevilla, Spain
- Walkways of Alcázar; Sevilla, Spain
- Countryside; Ronda, Spain
About Mike BuchholzI'm a Portsmouth, New Hampshire based photographer with a focus on abstract, architectural, and nature photography from across New England. Whether you are here just to see the blog's photo of the day, or to browse through my gallery of New England photography for sale, I hope you enjoy your visit! Continue reading...
The Puente Nuevo (“New Bridge”) spans the 390ft-deep El Tajo gorge that divides the city of Ronda, located in Andalucia, Spain. The bridge, which was completed in 1793, took over 40 years to build and includes a small chamber over the central arch that was allegedly used as a prison and torture chamber during the Civil War.
The beautiful dome ceiling in the Salón de Embajadores, with its intricate interlaced wooden patterns (a style called Artesonado) has led to the room being known as the Hall of the Half Orange. The dome, meant to symbolize the universe, was added to the Hall of Ambassadors in 1427.